The most important part of this recipe is to use quality white chocolate. Please do not use those white chocolate chips from the supermarket. That is pure torture for a pastry chef.... please use a brand such as Callebaut. It will cost you a little extra, but it really makes a difference. Thank you!
|Creaming butter and sugars|
|Callebaut white chocolate & chopped cranberries|
|Chilling dough ensures that your cookies will bake evenly|
- 8oz. unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 2 t. amaretto
- 2 1/2 cups AP flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate
- Cream butter and sugars till light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and extracts.
- Add in dry ingredients.
- Mix in cranberries and chocolate.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate over night.
- Scoop cookies with a cookie scoop so they are all the same size, I use a 1/2 ounce scoop.
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes rotating once half way through.