So it's the last day of August, summer is winding down, and I'm not really sure how I feel about this. Part of me can't wait for fall, but part of me wants to hold on to summer for as long as I can.
Pumpkin recipes have started popping up all over the place, and I know that comfort food season is just around the corner. I may have gotten a bit overly excited yesterday when I found out that pumpkin coffee is back at Dunkin Donuts, and for the past week my Michael Kors boots have been eyeing me every time I go in my dressing room! However for the rest of this week and weekend I'm holding on to summer, and I'm going to try to get in as much pool time as possible.
This is also the last day of National Goat Cheese Month. I think by now you all know how much I LOVE goat cheese! First there was the Strawberry Goat Cheese Blondies, next was the Goat Cheese Ice Cream, and now Blueberry Goat Cheese Cheesecake. This cheesecake is the perfect dessert to wrap up summer. The cream cheese makes it super smooth while the goat cheese adds a zip of tartness to it. I also find that the goat cheese makes it a bit lighter which is perfect for the weather right now. The addition of blueberry jam makes it scream summer with its bright flavor and phenomenal color. The last thing I added was Amaretto to dress it up. It really enhances the flavor of the almond crust beautifully. The great thing about this cheesecake is that you can change it up. You can use any type of jam, liquor, and nut that you like. There are so many possibilities! I also hope that you're not sick of goat cheese yet because I have a lot more ideas swirling around in my head that I can't wait to share with you!
Graham cracker & almond crust
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2T. sugar
- 4T. unsalted butter, melted
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, almonds, and sugar in food processor to mix.
- Add in melted butter & pulse till it comes together.
- Press mixture into a 9" greased springform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
- 12 ounces of Philadelphia cream cheese
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 ounces sour cream
- 6 ounces blueberry jam
- 2t. vanilla extract
- 2T. Amaretto
- Mix room temperature cream cheese and room temperature goat cheese in mixer on medium speed.
- Add sugar.
- Add eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla extract on low speed.
- Add sour cream and blueberry jam.
- Add Amaretto.
- Prepare springform pan by first wrapping it in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil.
- Pour cheesecake batter into springform pan and then place in a roasting pan.
- Fill the roasting pan halfway with hot water and bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes rotating once halfway through.
- Let cheesecake come to room temperature and then refrigerate overnight.
- Remove springform pan and serve.