|3 Little Monsters|
I can't believe it's time for Halloween baking already! These cupcakes could actually work any time of year for a monster themed birthday party, but they're especially cute for Halloween. Okay so they're definitely more cute than spooky, but this is me here! I just did these for a party and the kids went crazy over them! This is also a great project for kids. They can make the monsters any color they want, and decorate them with all different kinds of candy.The first thing I did was make the eyes. I made them different sizes using white fondant and placing them on toothpicks. Next I melted some red candy melts, the ones you can get at Michael's, and dipped half the eye in it. I let them all dry on a sheet of parchment paper while I made a batch of cupcakes and some buttercream. Once the cupcakes were completely cool I frosted them with buttercream that I colored purple and orange. I used a piping bag with a #133 tip to get the look I was going for.
Once they were all frosted I stuck the eyes in, some got 2 eyes, some got 3. I then completed the eyes by painting them with some black food coloring. I used both gumdrops and peach rings to make the mouths, I think the peach ring looked really cute! The last thing I did was cut little triangles out of white fondant to give the little monsters teeth. There are so many ways you can decorate these, it's just a really fun project :)
|3 Eyed Monster|
What you'll need
- Purple, orange, & black food coloring
- Pastry Bag
- Tip #133
- Paint brush
- Red candy melts
- Gumdrops & peach rings
- Make eyes by rolling white fondant different sizes & placing on toothpicks.
- Melt candy melts in microwave & dip half the eye in it. Place them on a sheet of parchment to dry.
- Bake cupcakes & make buttercream.
- Color buttercream orange & purple.
- Pipe buttercream on completely cooled cupcakes using tip #133
- Insert eyes and complete them by painting them with black food coloring.
- Make mouths out of gumballs & peach rings.
- Cut out little triangles of white fondant for teeth.