It was brought to my attention last week that there is no brownie recipe on my site. What?? How is that even possible? We've known each other for quite some time now, and this is definitely something I should not be keeping from you. The situation needed to be rectified asap, so I busted out my favorite brownie recipe, and just to make it up to you, dolled it up even more! All I can tell you is this is one recipe worth waiting for...
Every once in a while a brownie craving strikes. Now it doesn't happen very often, but when it does, I can assure you no run of the mill brownie will do. I expect a lot from a brownie, it should be rich, decadent, and truffle like. I developed this recipe a while back, and it always delivers. To take it to another level, I added a peanut butter swirl. I mean you really can't go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate. This situation got even better when I added pretzel M&Ms to the mix. Have you tried them yet? In a word, addictive. We'll leave it at that.
I mixed the M&Ms into the batter, swirled the peanut butter on top, and sent it off into the oven where everyone could get to know each other. The way these brownies bake let you know you will soon be in brownie bliss. They poof up just a bit, and the top starts to crack. When you pull them out of the oven they sink a little, especially in the middle. At this point, you'll want to just grab a fork, but wait. Let them set, and then go for it.
The end result is perfectly sinful. Decadent, truffle brownies that have a slight crunch from the M&Ms. A bit of salt from the candy keeps them from being overly sweet. The peanut butter, what can I tell you, I don't even have words... This is definitely one you don't want to miss!
Peanut Butter Swirl
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream peanut butter and butter.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Set aside while you prepare the brownie batter.
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 6 ounces unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 & 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup AP flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup crushed pretzel M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line an 8" x 8" pan with parchment paper & spray with non stick spray.
- Pulse pretzel M&Ms in food processor to break them up and set aside.
- Melt chocolate & butter together.
- Mix eggs & sugar with whip attachment a few minutes until eggs thicken and get lighter in color.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Pour melted chocolate/butter mixture into mixer. Make sure it warm, not hot.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt, and mix just to combine.
- Mix in crushed M&Ms.
- Pour batter into pan. Spoon peanut butter mixture on top and swirl together with a toothpick.
- Bake at 325 degree for 45-50 minutes rotating once halfway through.