Friday, February 17, 2012

Peanut Butter Peanut M&M Cookies

Peanut Butter Peanut M&M Cookies
























There's something to be said for a simple cookie recipe.  One that's been tested a million times, that always comes out right on the money.  That's my peanut butter cookie, and thanks to a few recent requests, this comforting treat is getting the spotlight today!
I mean just look at that cookie, all those cracks on top tell you this is some good territory.  Those cracks let you know the finished product is soft and chewy, the sign of a must try cookie!  They kind of just look at you till you give in and take a bite, or two...  I normally add dark and white chocolate chips to these cookies, but there was no way I could walk past pink M&Ms and not buy them!  I went for the peanut ones because I thought they would add a nice texture contrast to the cookie, and they did. The most important tip I can share with you guys about baking these cookies is about their bake time. Take them out of the oven about a minute before they're done because as they cool they will continue to bake.  At four ounces each, these cookies take about 17- 20 minutes to bake, and believe me, they're worth the wait!
I also love how cookies instantly bring a smile to someone's face so make sure to share these if you can pry yourself away from the pan!  As for me,  I'm spreading the cookie love by sending out some care packages.  Have a great weekend!

There's no way I could not use these!

Peanut Butter Cookies
  • 1 stick unsalted butter, room temp.
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1T. vanilla extract
  • 1 & 1/4 cup AP flour
  • 1t. salt
  • 1/2t. baking powder
  • 1/2t. baking soda
  • 1/2 - 1 cup peanut m&ms
  1. Cream butter and sugar till light & fluffy.
  2. Add in peanut butter & cream well.
  3. Add egg & vanilla extract.
  4. Add in all dries.
  5. Mix in m&ms.
  6. Wrap dough in plastic & refrigerate a few hours - over night. 
  7. Portion dough into 4 ounces each.  Bake at 325 degrees for 17-20 minutes rotating once halfway through. Take these out of the oven when they are just about 1 minute under done. 
*Notes:  I used 1/2 cup m&ms because that is what I had on hand.  You can use up to 1 cup of mix-ins ranging from candy, dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, or a variety.


Soft & chewy in the center with a slightly darker color on the edge adds up to my favorite peanut butter cookie. 

45 comments:

  1. Yum, combining two of my most favorite things, peanut butter and M+M's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're right I absolutely MUST try!! They look so amazing! This really does look like a perfect cookie. I love the peanut M&M in the peanut butter cookie, peanut heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give me a huge stack of these and call it the weekend! Now all I can think about is cookies...and peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. My. I will take 12. These really look fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This goes to my MUST-BAKE list! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are awesome. I definitely loved these M&M's too. And you can't go wrong with peanut butter cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie, I 'm really happy with how they turned out!

      Delete
  7. Your cookies look perfect! I love a good peanut butter cookie, and you can never go wrong with M&M's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cookies look amazing, especially with the peanut M&M's. I have to have some of these with my coffee. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look like the absolute perfect peanut butter cookie: picturesque and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, these are right up my alley. Your cookies look fantastic! I LOVE peanut butter cookies and putting M&M's in them is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think these cookies look so adorable. Nice pictures. I really like soft and chewy cookies, but I always have trouble finding a good recipe. I wonder if the peanut butter can be substituted with sunflower seed butter? Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. These cookies look so delicious especially with pink peanut M&Ms. Crave worthy! Oh my! Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These would spell double trouble for me but it would be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous2/17/2012

    They look amazing! I LOVE chocolate in peanut butter cookies....double delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My kids will love those cookies. Between you and me, I would love them too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. They definitely look really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitely one for the cookie jar! Not only do I love peanut butter cookies, but the addition of the peanut M&M's makes them even better. I do see how they could become an addiction-amazing photos here!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Breakfast!! I could add a glass of milk and call it brunch.

    These look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun idea to add the peanut M&Ms, these do look like perfect peanut butter cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh.My.Word. I have stopped by countless times just to LOOK at these beauties!! I can't stop drooling! I can't wait to try baking them - though I have convinced myself that they won't turn out half as stunning - I seriously have never seen a prettier PB cookie in my life!! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Holy yumminess girl. This is really amazing. I want one. Like now. Let's be honest though, I want like 10.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This certainly does look like the perfect PB cookie and the additions of the candy is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yep, you are so right - the cracks in the top of those cookies means delicious! And the M & M's! Oh you are so lucky to have come across these!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can always resist M&M's unless they're the pink ones, and then I cave every time! Such pink cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations Meghan, what an awesome week for you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fantastic, you'll be on the board at Foodbuzz if you continue like this ;) I received my Keurig and fell in love instantly!!
    Thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on top 9!! These babies look to die for!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anonymous2/19/2012

    These truly did come out right on the money. They look fantabulous! Congrats on Top 9. Always well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ooh, I was just craving PB cookies and now I wish I had some PB M&M's to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I always feel so proud when I have a great recipe. You just want to share it with everyone. Adding chocolate to PB is always a good thing, when there are pink M&Ms involved it is even better :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anonymous2/19/2012

    These cookies look sooo good!! Congratulations on a well deserved Top 9!! Buzzed ya! =]

    ReplyDelete
  32. Mmmmmm so delicious looking! Very deserved Top 9, I'd die for one of these beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow these look amazing, seriously they're perfect! The beautiful cracks on top and the colorful M&M's, I love these! Beautifully done :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just made these today with milk chocolate chips - very delicious, soft and chewy! Thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh, these look outstanding!!! Congrats on your Top 9!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm craving a peanut butter cookie now! These cookies look sooo good! And soft and chewy peanut butter cookies are the absolute best, and throw in some M&Ms... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  37. These look like the perfect peanut butter cookie! Love the pink M&M addition.
    xo
    http://allykayler.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  38. Big thanks to everyone for all the cookie love!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh these look stunning! I want a big glass of milk right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Anonymous3/17/2012

    After rolling the dough in 4oz. portions, did you place them on the cookie sheet as round balls, or did you flatten yours out slightly? They look absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thank you! I flatten them a good bit.

    ReplyDelete